We have immediate need for a Retail Construction Superintendent to oversee, manage and direct all aspects of a project from beginning to end.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing schedules, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Completely understand projects floor plans, fixture placement, blue prints, and construction codes as affected by local and state ordinances
- Previous experience pulling permits would be beneficial
- Reviews scope of work for contracts and PO’s issued
- Essential Functions include ability to effectively lead subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Coordinate all construction, subcontractor services and activities within a fully operational retail store environment.
- Safely Schedule all construction activities.
- Maintain strict build-out construction schedule and make changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Meet with owners onsite representatives and retail store teams to discuss renovation specifications and improvements.
- Mediate between landlords and tenants to find workable solutions that appeal to both parties.
- Manage estimates and budgets for retail renovation projects including labor, supplies, materials and
other ancillary costs.
- Drive cost-effective project management techniques and strategies in the field.
- Must work closely with Project Manager & Coordinator to assure all Change Orders and RFIs are kept up with and distributed in a timely manner
- Provide project managers timely evaluations of field employees and subs upon completion of projects
- Work with Pre-construction and Project Management to hire and assign construction labor and trade work to each project.
- Maintain a daily job site log and safety logs within Procore Construction Management System.
- Educate clients on aesthetic and practical choices for retail renovations.
- Procore or similar construction management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Assistant or Project Superintendent in the construction industry.
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial retail tenant improvement construction preferred.
- Ability to travel for projects up to 3 months in duration at 2 week intervals, not required but a plus for immediate placement
- Ability to work overnights in fully-operational retail environments a plus for immediate placement
- Proven track record of experience in leading commercial projects in the field.
- OSHA 10 or 30 Certified.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and associated software.
- Advanced carpentry skills and basic knowledge of refrigeration systems, including some troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to schedule construction project in Microsoft Project, Primavera, or similar schedule
software from preconstruction to turnover.
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets.
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be comfortable standing, climbing, and walking for the majority of the time
- Must be comfortable walking in air-conditioned and non air-conditioned areas